@ -13,14 +13,15 @@ As of version 0.9.2 WLED supports DMX output via MAX485. This is great for contr
For the DMX feature to work, you'll need to compile WLED from source. It's not a big deal, you can do it! [Here](https://github.com/Aircoookie/WLED/wiki) is the Quick Start guide. There you'll find the section "i want to modify WLED".
1. make sure, you can compile the latest version of WLED without any issues. Then continue.
2. In order for DMX output to work, you'll need the [ESP-Dmx library](https://github.com/Rickgg/ESP-Dmx).
3. Once that is installed, you need to change the line
2. Once that works, you need to change the line
Yes, you just remove the //, which enables the line and therefore DMX support.
3. change either the DMX output pin (sendPin in src/dependencies/ESPDMX.cpp) or the LED output pin (LEDPIN in NpbWrapper.h) to something other than 2. If both are set to the same setting, you might experience slight flickering on your DMX output.
4. Once you successfully uploaded the sketch to your board, you'll find a new entry "DMX Output" in your settings menu.
5. Grab the manual for your lamp and maybe some snacks, look up the dmx channels and set everything up accordingly.